1. Who is a job seeker?
Everyone who has a citizen ID, is 18 to 60 years old, has a certificate of good conduct and has registered his name with MOHRE for seeking a suitable job and did not get a chance to work during the job search reference period.
He is a citizen of the UAE, holds a valid passport and ID. The citizen ages 18 and elder, has an active/activated account on MOHRE's "Tawteen" Gate and is willing to work for the private sector only. He holds a certificate of good conduct and did not get any appropriate job opportunity during his registration period on "Tawteen" Gate.
2. What is the job search reference period?
It is the period of time during which a job seeker has taken serious steps to join a job as employee or employer and fails. The timeframe is not less than three months.
3. What is the reference period of availability?
It is the period required by the job seeker to become available or willing to work if he had the opportunity to work, this period should not exceed two weeks from the work opportunity notification period.
4. Who is given priority by Emiratisation services?
The priority goes to unemployed citizens unable to get a suitable job, despite being able to work, willing to accept the standard wage and is seriously seeking for a job, but fails.
5. What does standard wage mean?
The wage paid to the vast majority of occupants of a particular profession per hour of work including the value of allowances and benefits received by the worker and is calculated by the value of the wage assigned to a profession in each sector separately.
6. What are the services provided to a job seeker?
- Registration in Tawteen Gate.
- Nomination for vacancies announced on "Tawteen" Gate.
- Coordination with employers to attend interviews directly or attending open employment days at the Customer Happiness Centers in the UAE.
- Nomination for technical or specialized training and qualification programs.
- Use of vocational and job guidance sessions.
- Use of Absher Card benefits after employment in the private sector.
7. What are the roles and responsibilities of a job seeker?
- 1. To complete all fields in the "Registration" page and "My CV" page on the Tawteen Gate to get a job seeker's account.
- 2. To log in the job seeker's account at least once every three months to active the registration account on "Tawteen" Gate.
- 3. To be ready for work within a period not exceeding 6 weeks from the date he is informed of the job opportunity.
- 4. Not to be absent in any service provided to job seekers for 3 times.
- 5. Not to be absent in job interviews more than twice.
- 6. Not to refuse 3 suitable job opportunities from different bodies.
- 7. Not to refuse 1 suitable employment contract.
- 8. To attend and complete training programs as per fixed duration.
- 9. To attend the guidance program.
- 10. To respond to different communication channels "phone – e-mail – SMS" at least three times.
- 11. To update his account information and inform the Call Center of any change to it on 80060.
8. Does a job seeker have to register to review available opportunities on Tawteen Gate?
No, to see the available jobs, you can visit the Tawteen Gate to explore.
9. How can a job seeker apply to use available job opportunities on Tawteen Gate?
Job seekers need to apply to benefit from the job opportunities through the registration on the Tawteen Gate.
10. How can a job seeker register on Tawteen Gate?
- Logging in the MOHRE's website (www.mohre.gov.ae)
- Clicking on job seekers category (for UAE Nationals only) and clicking on "Register a new user".
- Completing all required fields in the registration form.
- When it is done, clicking on "Save" field, you will receive a text message on e-mail and private phone with the username and password to confirm your registration in "Tawteen" Gate.
11. What are the requirements for registering my application?
- Family Book and Passport
- Unified Number
- UAE ID Card
- And to complete registration on the "Tawteen" Gate, noting that the registration applications with incomplete or incorrect information will not be approved.
12- Should job seekers come in person to register on the Tawteen Gate?
No. job seekers can register on the Tawteen Gate through MOHRE online at www.mohre.gov.ae, and contacting the Call Center (80060) or visiting the nearest Customer Happiness Center to their residence.
13. What academic qualifications are required for registration?
All academic qualifications are accepted.
14. How do job seekers access their account on the Tawteen Gate?
By logging in MOHRE's website www.tawteengate.gov.ae, selecting "Enter", choosing "UAE National" and then entering the job seeker's username and password and choosing the secret question and its answer.
15. How can job seekers recover the lost username and password?
By logging in MOHRE's website www.tawteengate.gov.ae, selecting "Enter", choosing "Forget Password", entering the e-mail address information and choosing the secret question and its answer after completing, then clicking on "Save". You will receive an SMS via mobile phone or e-mail address registered with the job seeker's username and password. Also, you can contact the Call Center (80060) for help.
16. What can Job seekers do to improve their chances of getting a job?
They can do that through continuous logging in the job seeker's account via "Tawteen" Gate to review vacancies, cooperating with the Emiratisation Sector's employees by responding to their calls or through any other available communication channel, attending all services provided to the seeker through the Emiratisation Sector (at Tawteen Centers) or updating CV, if necessary.
17. How do job seekers look for a job through the website?
Log in the Tawteen Gate from MOHRE's website www.tawteengate.gov.ae and click on ‘Vacancy Search’.
18. How do job seekers view their information via the Tawteen Gate?
By logging in your account on MOHRE's website www.tawteengate.gov.ae, choosing the page of your search "My CV" - page – CV Preview – Attachment Upload – Presentation Letter – Job Search – Saved Searches – Summary of Jobs Applied for – Training – Change My Information/Change Password – My Services".
19. Can I upload my Private CV to MOHRE's website?
Yes. Log in the job seeker's account on the "Tawteen" Gate and choosing the Attachment Upload Field from "My CV" page.
20. What if the time of activating the job seeker's file? How am I informed of that?
The job seeker's file is activated in 24 hours to verify the authenticity of the information stated in the registration application.
21. How can CV be corresponded to the vacancies announced on MOHRE's website?
Correspondence is made automatically once vacancies are announced on the "Tawteen" Gate against the job seeker's CV that is corresponding to the vacancy's conditions.
22. Can e-mail address and mobile phone number be changed?
E-mail address and phone number are unchangeable. You need to contact the Call Center (80060) for help and update information or visit the nearest Tawteen Center.
23. Is my account as a job seeker considered completed once registration is completed and you receive the confirmation message?
No. You will be redirected to "My CV" page to enter the job seeker's main information including personal information, contact information, academic qualification, practical experience, training details, language and work/job options, to be qualified for the vacancy nominee list and getting the job seeker's services.
24. When we receive correspondence to vacancy message, is there any other action?
No. It is a mere notification of primary correspondence. It will be followed by another e-mail that you have been chosen for the vacancy for your acceptance via your account.
25. When we receive interview date message, is there any other action?
Yes. A job seeker needs to make acceptance or refusal of the interview date via your account by choosing "Selected Jobs List" and determining the cause of refusal.
26. Can I change the interview date for personal causes?
Yes. This can be made through the Selected Jobs List or contacting the Call Center (80060) for help.
27. Is there a call center to contact for inquiries, remarks and complaints?
Yes. There is a unified call center that receives all job seekers' inquiries and feedback by calling 80060.
28. Can we make innovative remarks and ideas and complaints concerning the services provided to job seekers or service-providing employees?
Yes. Log in the Tawteen Gate www.tawteengate.gov.ae and click on "Suggestions" below the home page.
29. Is there a guide that explains complete registration steps to job seekers?
Yes. Log in the Tawteen Gate www.tawteengate.gov.ae and click on "User Guide" in the job seeker's registration page.
What is Absher Program?
It is a program provided to UAE nationals working in the private sector and offers them distinguished discounts and offers.
What is the target category?
All UAE nationals working in the private sector.
What are eligibility conditions for the Program?
To be accepted as a member, he shall:
- Be a UAE national.
- Hold a labor card issued by MOHRE.
What is the Program term?
It is one year (renewable).
Is it automatically renewed?
A member updates information through mobile phone application annually.
Can a family member use it?
It is limited to the registered member in Absher Program.
How can I know about made offers?
By visiting MOHRE's gate www.mohre.gov.ae.
How can a national employee of the private sector register in the Program?
Fill in the form on MOHRE's gate and have it approved online through the following steps:
- Choose Absher from the home page.
- Choose card application
- Enter your labor card number, residence address and contact details
- Read and accept terms and conditions
- Click on (Submit)
- Download Absher Offers
- Enter your membership number through the application
What are the Program supporting organizations?
They are the sponsors that make special and exclusive offers and benefits to UAE nationals working in the private sector.
What is the registration mechanism of the companies willing to offer advantages ad discounts?
Fill the form on MOHRE's gate and have it approved online through the following steps:
- Choose Absher from the home page.
- Choose Registration of Supporting Companies.
- Fill in the form and attach required documents.
- Read and accept terms and conditions.
- Click on (Submit).
- If conditions and criteria are met, the company will be contacted and informed of acceptance.
- If conditions and criteria are not met, the company will be contacted to improve the proposal.
- A memorandum of understanding will be signed between the Ministry of Labor and the supporting company to proceed with the proposal.
Special Programs Department - Remote Working
What is remote working?
It is a work system in which an employee performs his duties from sites that are different from the employer's offices. This means that the employee performs the work outside allocate sites on a part-time weekly or monthly or full-time basis.
What are the objectives of remote working?
- - To create job opportunities to jobless citizens at remote areas near their homes.
- - To encourage employers to provide job opportunities to partly or completely unexploited jobless segments at remote areas.
- - To save transportation expenses between remote areas and big cities.
- - To save citizen hiring costs.
- What are the types of remote working?
- Part-time working: an employee can divide his work time between the main workplace and remote workplace in equal or different percentages. This may be days in the week, weeks in the month or months in the year.
- Full-time working: this is for the jobs that can be performed on full-time basis from outside the office.
- How to join remote working program?
If you are a job seeker and want to use the program, you shall adhere to the following:
- To register via the Tawteen Gate www.tawteen.gov.ae
- You will be electronically nominated for the jobs offered by the system under the program, and which are suitable for your abilities and qualifications.
- Or you can choose the jobs offered in the system and which are suitable for your abilities and qualifications.
If you are in office and want to use the program, you shall adhere to the following:
- To apply for remote working to your employer if you meet the required criteria of available job on the remote working system.
- You will be assessed by the entity and your suitability for the remote working job will be then determined.
How to apply remote working system at the organization?
The remote working system provided by MOHRE to employers gives them the chance to hire national workforce with no need to their appearance in the office, whether from home or a remote working center on part-time and full-time basis.
Application Mechanism of Remote Working System:
- Applying remote working systems based on the working policy in the UAE and MOHRE's policy and guide.
- Determining the jobs that are suitable for the remote working system.
- Encouraging national citizens to use the remote working system.
- Considering the employees' applications for the remote working system.
- Assessing the abilities of every remote working system applicant.
- providing MOHRE with the results of implementation of remote working systems on a periodical basis.
- Training remote-working employees for their quality assurance.
- providing tools and systems for employees for success of remote working.
Want to join?
If you have determined your organization's needs of employees and created remote working jobs that are compliant with the program terms and conditions, you can insert vacancies and look for qualified cadres via your page in the Tawteen Gate www.tawteen.gov.ae, or call a recruitment consultant at 80060.
What are applicable conditions when applying the remote working system?
Remote working employment requires:
- Workplace: the employer needs to determine appropriate and permissible workplaces and environments for remote working.
- Working Hours: working hours may differ from approved hours at the employer's offices. Working hours are determined as per the operating needs and nature of tasks.
- Work Supplies: the employer shall provide all items necessary for an employee to do his job, including electronic tools, hardware, etc. and procure or pay for hardware maintenance.
- Security: the employee needs to take all security requirements into consideration, determine responsibilities in case of any security breach while the employee is outside the workplace, and establish necessary penalties for violation of any security restrictions.
- Health and Safety: the organization should adhere to health and safety requirements when determining or approving the remote workplace.
Easy Communication: the employer should ensure access to remote-working employers for:
- All their colleagues in work, management/leadership.
- Information and systems required to do their duties.
- Video conversation systems and documentation system to streamline their consolidation into operating procedures.
Performance Management: the employer should establish guidelines concerning remote-working employee performance assessment against their colleagues working at work offices.
Development and Training Opportunities: the employer should provide the same training and development opportunities for remote-working employees.
A remote-working employee should adhere to the following:
- To adhere to remote workplaces and hours agreed on with the employer.
- To keep and maintain the tools and devices, in his possession, request necessary maintenance or change the same, whenever necessary.
- Not to use tools and devices, in his possession, other than for operating needs.
- To comply with the agreed security requirements, report any security breach, once it occurs, and follow the employer's instructions in this concern.
- To make use of available communication means to ensure continuous liaison with supervisors and colleagues as per operating requirements.
Remote Employee/Job seeker:
- To review the operating systems policy, guide, rights and responsibilities on its employees.
- To work in accordance with the remote-working laws adopted by the employer.
- An employee must adhere to security requirements.
- An employee must handle any challenges or hardships ensuing from remote working arrangements.
- The employee shall be accessible to his colleagues or employer during working hours.
- The employee shall keep the devices and tools furnished to him.
- In case of any complaint, resort will be made to MOHRE for dispute resolution.
Special Programs Department - Remote Working
What is self-employment?
It is employment by which an individual can achieve an income by working independently for himself, to the contrary to non-independent employment in which an employee receives a frequent salary from the employer. There are three forms of self-employment, namely self-employed individuals, employers and entrepreneurs.
What are the objectives of self-employment?
- To encourage and motivate citizens to join workforce.
- To create job opportunities to citizens at remote areas and women who are not willing to commit to official working hours and places.
- To instill self-employment culture and correct misconceptions related to it.
- To enhance cooperation between the public, private and civil sectors in creating and developing self-employment opportunities in the UAE labor market.
What are self-employment programs?
Vocational Program: it aims at supporting craftsmen and women at remote areas and gives women the chance to produce and sell products to other entities.
Technical Program: it is an electronic platform that links the citizens who are self-employed or have different skills and different companies/entities with projects and need temporary support to perform some tasks. The Program aims at contributing to the employment of national human resources at remote areas in the UAE, in particular the women who work from home, and providing a variety of services to private sector customers and different entities.
How many are daily working days?
Working hours per day are 8 and do not exceed 48 hours per week.
When are daily working hours reduced?
Working hours are reduced two hours in Ramadan.
Can the employer increase daily working hours more than 8 hours?
Working hours are increased to 9 hours per day in commercial business, hotels, cafeterias, guardianship and other works which may be added by a resolution of the Minister, provided that:
Ordinary working days are reduced in a week working day in the amount of increase over 8 hours in the other days, provided that total working hours do not exceed 48 per week.
What is the maximum number of overtime hours?
Working hours may not be increased to additional two hours per day.
How much is the wage of overtime hours?
The wage shall be equal to the base wage of ordinary working hours plus a bonus of at least 25% of such wage.
What are the rest times during working days?
Daily rest times during working hours are at least an hour. The second party may not work five consecutive hours without rest.
Are daily rests a part of working hours?
Daily rests are not working hours.
What is weekly rest time?
Weekly rest time is one day. It may be more than one day as the parties agree
Is the employee entitled to a sick leave during probation period? Is it paid?
An employee who does not complete the probation period is not entitled to a sick leave, but it is not paid during the probation period.
10. How long is the sick leave to which an employee is entitled? Is it paid?
An employee who is infected with an illness is entitled to a paid sick leave after the elapse of the probation period not exceeding ninety days as follows:
- The first fifteen days with full salary
- The following thirty days with a half salary
- The following periods will be unpaid
Vocational Guidance Department
1. What are the provided vocational guidance services?
Vocational guidance services are provided to national human resources to enable them to work for the private sector by providing individual and group guidance services for job seekers and school and university students to qualify them for the private sector requirements, including efficiencies, skills and use of a variety of guidance tools to enlighten job seekers on their self-abilities and professional preferences to make the best choice of appropriate professions in the labor market.
2. Who is the target of guidance services?
National job seekers/school and university/educational institutions students.
3. How can I, a job seeker, apply for vocational guidance services?
- Individual guidance and orientation services are provided to job seekers at Customer Happiness Centers (Tawteen) once they are registered in the Tawteen Gate. This service is automatically rendered to all job seekers.
- Job seekers can contact professional guides at Customer Happiness Centers (Tawteen) if they need professional consultancies related to the labor market and how to overcome challenges to get the appropriate job.
- Vocational guidance service is mandatorily provided to certain segments of job seekers if the job seeker is in the fourth category of the database.
4. What is the fourth category of the database and who are in it?
It is a category in the Tawteen database, including the job seekers who shall receive vocational guidance services mandatorily and are moved to it for many reasons: refusing 3 appropriate job opportunities / refusing appropriate employment offer / non-attendance of training programs / non-attendance in employment days.
5. What is the objective of individual guidance for the fourth category job seekers?
These are individual guidance sessions that are provided at Customer Happiness Centers in several emirates and appointed with the professional guide to raise his awareness and guide him on the challenges countering the picking of a job opportunity in the private sector. When the guidance program is done, the job seeker is ready for work and nomination for jobs.
6. Is a job seeker nominated for jobs when they are classified in the fourth category of the database?
Nomination for jobs is only made after completing the guidance program designed by the professional guide in charge.
7. How can educational institutions (universities – schools) use the vocational guidance services?
Educational institutions (schools and universities) can contact MOHRE Vocational Guidance Department for cooperation in group guidance workshops for the students of these institutions to enlighten them on the private sector's requirements, including skills and crafts and help them explore their preferences, abilities and skills that qualify them to choose the specialties fit to them.
National Human Resources Development Sector
Training and Skill Development Division
1) What is the main role of the Training and Skill Development Division?
To provide training programs and field operating programs for empowering and development of national human resources.
2) What is the target category to obtain the training programs provided by MOHRE?
MOHRE targets job seekers (people who do not work) from the citizens of the UAE.
3) Does MOHRE ensure employment after passing the training program?
Your completion of the training program will qualify you to increase your skill and efficiency level. Accordingly, it helps you to increase your job opportunities and gives you priority of employment in the private sector.
4) Where can I explore the training programs provided by MOHRE?
A job seeker can explore the training programs provided by MOHRE through:
5) What happens if I withdraw from the training program?
MOHRE will study withdrawals from the training program. If the causes of withdrawal are approved, legal action will be taken according to the contract signed by the job seeker before the training program starts.
6) Can I register in more than a training program in the same year?
Yes, a job seeker can register in more than a training program in the same year, provided that the dates of courses are not conflicting, and he meets the program requirements.
7) How can I apply for registration in the training program?
A job seeker can register the training programs provided by MOHRE by registering on the Tawteen Gate (www.tawteengate.ae) and choosing the programs from the list of offered programs or contacting the Call Center (80060) or applying for registration via e-mail: Tawteen.Training@mohre.gov.ae.
8) I am an active person. How can I use and register in the training program?
Yes, you can use the training programs. You can contact MOHRE and ask to talk to the training officer to guide you to the training program that is fit to your skills.
9) What are the joining and passing conditions of the training programs?
A job seeker should be registered on the Tawteen Gate to use the training programs provided by MOHRE. The job seeker will update his information, if any, on a monthly basis and should meet the special conditions of every program, as announced. As to passing conditions, the job seeker should attend at least 80% of the training program and meet all the program requirements.
10) When I apply for registration in the training program, how can I know that my registration is confirmed?
You will be contacted by MOHRE to confirm your registration in the training program and provide you with all information about the training program.
11) Will I get an official certificate that I have completed the training program?
Yes, every job seeker will get an official certificate that he has completed the training program if he has met all the program requirements.