The Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation was established in 1971 and consists of four main sectors: Labour Sector, Inspection Sector, Policies and Strategies Sector, and Supporting Service Sector.
It aims to achieve seven main goals, which are:
- Propose federal laws that regulate business and labour affairs and controlling the implementation of such proposals.
- Managing the business market and proposing labour policies appropriate for the country.
- Organization of labour relations with the aim of providing stability, increasing productivity and creating jobs opportunities.
- Participation in the formation of the economic and social policy at the national level.
- Providing excellent services to satisfy users’ needs according to applicable rules and regulations.
- Catering for the organization and supporting labour relations at the international and Arab levels.
- Supporting and encouraging the work of nationals by providing job opportunities for them.
As the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation is concerned with developing its services, ensuring its quality and increasing the trust of its users, in order to keep up with the smart government and to enhance the country’ ease of doing business, the Ministry has begun the electronic conversion of its services since 2007. This conversion became more efficient in 2008 when the Ministry converted all its services electronically under the name of “TASHEEL”. This system has achieved multiple success at all levels.
At the present, most of the Ministry’s services are available electronically after connecting with the Ministry of Interior for connecting the work visa with the “Entry Visa Issuance to Work Service”. Such projects aim at connecting 27 services saving time, efforts, and money for the Ministry users in addition to connecting the employee’s salary details with the UAE Central Bank through the Wages Protection System and at approving usage of ID for electronic signature on all transactions.
The Ministry has achieved several successes to keep pace with the smart government. The Ministry has achieved and executed the directions of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al-Maktoum, UAE Vice-President, Prime Minister, and Ruler of Dubai – May Allah Bless Him – regarding converting into smart government through providing a variety of services that are implemented electronically conforming to quality and excellence standards. Some of these most used services include renewal of expired ID, recovery of bank guarantee, cancellation of unexpired work license, and payment of work license fees.